All about Diabetes Mellitus: Symptoms Causes and Treatment
What is diabetes mellitus –
When the glucose level in blood increases more than normal level due to the decrease in the discharge of insulin in our body’s pancreas, then that condition is called diabetes mellitus. Insulin is a hormone which is produced by the beta cells of our pancreas in the digestive system. It plays a major role to convert the food into energy. Without this hormone, our body cannot control the sugar level in our body. In this situation, it becomes very difficult for our body to take energy from the food that we consume. When the increased level of glucose remains constant in our blood, it begins to harm many parts of the body like eyes, brain, heart, arteries, and kidneys etc.
Types of Diabetes mellitus –
Type 1 diabetes mellitus –
Type 2 diabetes mellitus –
Symptoms of Diabetes Mellitus –
• Frequent urination
• Decrease of eyesight
• Too much thirst
• Feeling weak
• Any injury or wound would not heal easily or quickly
• Itching on the patient’s hands, feet, and genitals
• Frequent infection on the skin and frequent bleeding
• Too much hunger
• Weight loss even after eating more
• Dizziness and irregular heart bit
• Kidney Malfunction
Causes of Diabetes Mellitus –
• Diet and obesity – The risk of diabetes is found in people who are regular junk food or fast food eaters. Because the fat found in this type of food, which increases the amount of calories in the body and increases obesity, due to which insulin cannot be produced in that required quantity which increases the sugar level in the body.
Other causes of diabetes mellitus –
• Mental stress and depression
• To consume more medicines
• Eating more tea, milk, cold drinks and sugar
• Smoking and consumption of tobacco
Diabetes Tests –
• Empty stomach (fasting glucose test) – In empty stomach blood, the level of sugar found in a normal human is from 80 to 120 mg/dl. If the quantity is between 120 to 140 mg/dl then it is considered to be the starting stage of diabetes and if the amount is more than 140 mg/dl, then it is considered to be the root condition of diabetes.
• After eating the food (postprandial glucose test) – Similarly, after 2 hours of eating food, if the sugar level is found to be less than 120-125 mg/dl in blood test, then it is normal and if its volume is 145 mg/dl or more, then it is a sign of diabetes.
Treatment and prevention of Diabetes Mellitus –
• One cause of diabetes is anxiety or stress, so do not take any stress as much as possible. You can also do exercises or meditation for this. Do as much physical work as possible. Take good sleep Also keep your weight in control.
• Take as much balanced diet as possible (green vegetables, cereals, pulses). Avoid fatty foods or foods that are made from ghee oils etc. Try not take sweet things much. Also, avoid sweet fruits and juices. It includes mango, litchi, banana, grapes, chikoo so on which are not to be eaten.
• Diabetic patients are advised to do pranayamas like Kapalbhati, Anholom Vellom, and Dandukasan.
• If you are suffering from diabetes, then protect your feet. Do not walk bare feet to prevent injury. Also, if there is any injury, do not ignore, because, in such a situation, the possibility of spreading infection is high. Diabetes patients should regularly check their sugar levels. Also, take numbness in the leg as a sign of warning.
• Do not take any medicines without consulting any doctor.
Friends, health is the real wealth, so always take care of your health and stay healthy.